Category Archives: Garage

  • -

The Largest Collection of Soviet Automobiles in EU

Our colleagues from Estonia invite to come to Estonia recently opened antique car museum “Automuuseum”. According to them, this museum can be seen not only for the largest collection of Soviet cars in the European Union, but also enjoy four wheeled history exhibits collected from all over the world. “Automuuseum” is located next to the Via Baltica highway, in the103-kilometer, just after passing Parnu. Address: E67, Via Baltica 103-rd km, Halinga parish, Pärnu County 87222, ESTONIA

For more information, visit the

Read More…

  • -

1929 Oldsmobile Model F-29 Landau Sedan-DeLux

Oldsmobile was a brand of American automobile produced for most of its existence by General Motors. It was founded by Ransom E. Olds in 1897. In its 107-year history, it produced 35.2 million cars, including at least 14 million built at its Lansing, Michigan factory. When it was phased out in 2004, Oldsmobile was the oldest surviving American automobile marque, and one of the oldest in the world, after Daimler, Peugeot and Tatra. The closing of the Oldsmobile division presaged a larger consolidation of GM brands and discontinuation of models during the company’s 2009 bankruptcy reorganization. 

Read More…

  • -

1911 Steam Tractor “Case”

Owner – Dalius Linkevičius
Tractor driver – Stasys Kubilius
Movie created by Lukas and Dainius Nagelė


  • -

Cars of the Club: 1955 Studebaker Commander Regal Coupe

Cars called “Commander”, on behalf of the Studebaker factory, were first released in 1920 and produced until 1935. Later, in 1937, manufacturers again pulled this name in the light of day, renaming produced Studebaker Dictator model into Commander. That was forced by political situation and public hostility to the German dictator A.Hitler. Another time period when the Commander’s name was removed from the production was 1959 – 1963 year.
So, with short breaks, the Commander

Read More…


  • -

Cars of the Club: 1931 Nash 6-60

Nash Motors (1916 – 1954) was founded in 1916 by former General Motors president Charles W. Nash (1864-1948) who acquired the Thomas B. Jeffery Company. Jeffery’s best-known automobile was the Rambler whose mass production from a plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin began in 1902.

The first Nash car appeared in the autumn of 1917. The Nash Model 671 was the first vehicle produced to bear the name of the new company’s founder. Nash created a new lineup of cars for the 1918 model year. The new cars were aimed at the middle of the market, and consisted of the 681 (touring), 682, 683 (roadster), 684 (sedan), and 685 (coupe).

Read More…


  • 2

Cars of the Club: 1927 Erskine Model 50 Touring

The Erskine was an American automobile brand produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana, USA, from 1926 to 1930. The marque was named after Albert Russel Erskine (1871–1933), Studebaker’s president at the time. During his term as president, Erskine encouraged Studebaker engineers to develop advanced engines. As a result, the company achieved numerous racing wins and a bigger share of the upper-price market. This left Studebaker without an entry level automobile in the United States, and Erskine, who had always been fascinated by smaller European vehicles, saw market potential in a short-wheel-base compact car, especially if it could expand Studebaker’s presence in the European market.
The first Erskine (Erskine Six) was introduced to the world on October 7, 1926 at the Grand

Read More…


  • -

Cars of the Club: 1978 Cadillac Eldorado

Antique Vehicles Club “Klasika” continues to introduce its members’ cars. Since you have recently read an article about our club member in “Siaures Rytai”, we are expanding on newspaper’s idea and introducing you to Virginijus Kučinskas 1978 Cadillac Eldorado. According to Virginijus, El Dorado translated from Spanish means “golden”, “gold-plated”. This model, or more accurately vehicles with this name, started to be made in 1953 and continued until 2002. Of course as years passed, the form, mechanics, power, and modifications of Eldorado changed. This vehicle is the eight (1971-1978) generation of Eldorado. In total, there were eleven Eldorado generations.

Read More…


  • -

Cars of the Club: 1973 Lada 1500

Antique Vehicles Club “Klasika” launches the presentation of club member’s cars. We suggest to recall for seniors and to discover for the younger fans of our club Vaz 2103, the masterpiece of the Soviet automobile industry, produced in 1973. This car is a united Italian Fiat and the Volga car factory (Volzhskii Avtomobilnij Zavod) production, for the prototype of which served Fiat 124 model.
Vaz 2103 had been produced since 1972 to 1984 and during this period it was made 1,304,899 units totally. For a long time this model had been seen as the best, most convenient and most reliable Soviet car. Beyond the bounds of the Soviet Union, this car was known as the Lada 1500.

Read More…


  • -

The first ever long distance road trip in an auto was made by a woman!

The first-ever, constructed in 1885 Charles Benz, the German inventor. On January, 29th, 1886 he took out the patent for the car, and on July, 3rd, 1886 on Ringshtrasse in Mannheim for the first time showed the car to general public. Benz’s car had three bicycle wheels. On the car the one-cylinder internal combustion engine by a working volume of 954 cm³ has been established. Real capacity of this car — 0,9 h.p. at 400 turns in a minute though in the patent for the invention 2/3 horse powers are specified at 250 turns. This engine had considerable weight (about 100 kg). Maximum speed is 13 kilometers per hour. The car has been patented in January, 1886, passed tests for roads, and in 1887 participated in the Parisian exhibition. Since 1888 Benz’s cars have been exposed on sale, but buyers were not.

Read More…

  • -