The more and more often we notice that in the mad day race we usually do not go along with our work and worries. Time catches and overtakes us… Maybe only when the New Year changes for the year, we stop, take a moment and look back calmly. Such a step, which has already become the tradition of the Antique Vehicle Club “Klasika”, has been repeated for almost a decade. Although, in truth, we will celebrate the tenth anniversary of the club only in the coming
The purpose of the Antique Vehicle club “Classic” is not only the preservation of historical vehicles, but also the demonstration and promotion of the antique technique. One of the ways, in which the club “Classic” famous from its establishment, has been the press publication release that promotes interest in historic cars and motorcycles.
This year, the sixth annual club calendar “Klasika” was released in the middle
Oldsmobile was a brand of American automobile produced for most of its existence by General Motors. It was founded by Ransom E. Olds in 1897. In its 107-year history, it produced 35.2 million cars, including at least 14 million built at its Lansing, Michigan factory. When it was phased out in 2004, Oldsmobile was the oldest surviving American automobile marque, and one of the oldest in the world, after Daimler, Peugeot and Tatra. The closing of the Oldsmobile division presaged a larger consolidation of GM brands and discontinuation of models during the company’s 2009 bankruptcy reorganization.
It is said that the traditions and customs we create ourselves … I think that it has been well proved by from the “Klasika” Christmas cards which have been published since 2009. The very first start of the “Klasika” card (2009) and the green car was invented by professional designers. Artist Ligita Jasenauskiene colored to a club a playful Christmas a snowman. Following, 2011 Christmas was decorated by Ona Bričkutė’s cozy cottage with an oldish car. Well, 2012 holidays were met with Joris Malūkas’ Santa Claus. Later, from 2013, we started to publish a collection of Christmas cards which depicted
On the last 2015’s month, it was released the fourth annual club “Klasika” calendar showing the original historical vehicles with harmony and elegance of youthful beauty. A huge team, who created, prepared, took pictures, posed or otherwise contributed to the like-minded, tried a little differently peek into automotive history and antique charm. This year, at the club “Klasika” work has contributed over many or few – more than 30 people who are not indifferent to historical cars. We are pleased that this project has managed to interest a large crowd of young people, who already a little differently assess the importance and beauty of the antique technique. It is in this annual project, completing all the work and becoming like an Antique Vehicle Club “Klasika” visiting card. And what is it, you will value: speaking, sharing and voting…
By the way, soon to be announced the elections of a photo of the Club “Klasika” Calendar 2016. By voting on Club “Klasika” Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/klasika/ you can select an unbeatable calendar picture, photo model and the best photographer. Of course, the winners will be awarded…
So, thanks to all those who sponsored, supported, participated and made this project to become not only a calendar, but also the original art work!
Sincerely thanks the project leader Vytautas Gineika and photo shoot designer Vaida Delkutė!
Thanks photographers: Ilona Daubaraitė, Andrius Repšys, Aurimas Frankas, Mantas Šimkus, Vilhelmantas Sereika, Gediminas Aleksandravičius!
We are thrilled
Article published in the magazine “Aktualijos” (Current Affairs) by the company “Inter Cars Lithuania”
So far, Biržai has been the most famous for ancient castles, manors and deep brewing traditions. But in recent years, this Highland city can rightfully be called the Lithuanian capital of classic cars. Here, every summer, an abundance of historical technical enthusiasts gather for the traditional feast of “Timeless Classic”.
Among the participants – a centenarian motorcycle.
In early August, there was held an event where Biržai streets were filled with convoy of 83 historic vehicles, which were driven by the participants not only from Lithuania, but also from Belarus, Latvia and Russia. Although, according Lithuanian law, a historical vehicle may become a car produced 30 years or more ago, “Timeless Classic 2015” organizers decided to allow participate only 40 years ago or even earlier manufactured machines.
“Not only Biržai citizens gather here, but also guests from other cities, because it is the best of historic vehicles event in Lithuania. The audience has been already pampered because every time we try to surprise. In addition, participants are offered a diverse program with excursions, dances, songs, classical music and local cuisine presentation”, said
An article is published in the biggest auto-lovers portal in Lithuania – “Automanas” (“Automaniac”)
When the sun is shining outside, the Antique Vehicle Club “Klasika” is becoming one of the most active clubs in Lithuania. It was founded in 2008 and the club members do not miss an opportunity to show to all Lithuanian citizens, that in our country there is no shortage of enthusiasts who have a weakness for old, in car history books described cars.
Last weekend (July 11th), a large number of Club “Klasika” members went to Kupiškis to take place in the traditional festival “Lingaudala”. Town guests and residents were able to enjoy not only “Lingaudala” festival generated sounds, but also to admire the Antique Vehicle Club “Klasika” members
Often I get calls or e-mails with questions about historical vehicle registration marks, i.e. brown historical numbers. First of all, it should be figured out what is a historic vehicle? According to the Republic of Lithuania on Road Traffic Safety Law, the historical motor vehicle – 30 years ago or earlier produced vehicle, the model is no longer produced at least 15 years and which is the original, suitable for exploitation, but is not used for everyday purposes.
The second question is the way in which ordinary vintage vehicles can be recognized as a historical vehicle? The Historical Motor Vehicles Associations which carry historical
Many vintage clubs in Lithuania understand the promotion of historical technics only with car and motorcycle demonstrations during exhibitions and other public events. Maybe it is not bad, but sometimes frequent appearances work on the opposite side – the exhibitions show low value or “collective farm” vehicles which is found in the streets even now, or when it is done almost every weekend. Such common and bothersome performances become not a festive exception but a grey daily routine and it dulls people’s attention. Yet, it can be done and a little bit more subtle – not only in the preparation of the technical quality of historical exhibitions, but also through the media,
Many ancient technology lovers look forward to the historic vehicles exhibition “Riga Retro” which is held in Latvia every year. This year, on August 16, the festival, organized for the ninth time, brought together 124 vintage-cars. Seventeen of them were produced in the interwar period.
The event, has become a tradition in Riga city festival. It was started by registration of participants in a race track of Bikernieki complex. The flags of Latvia’s four neighbouring countries flattered on the historic cars made at various times.
Lithuania was represented by five cars and their owners from the Antique Vehicles Club “Klasika” and Lithuanian Classic Car Club. There appeared impressively G. Miškinis Pacard 333 Limousine made in 1925, A. Adomaitis 1939 BMW 327, G.Žičkus 1937 Mercedes Benz 320 D,
“Eugenijus… We drive!” a festival which has already become a tradition, otherwise popularly known as the Lithuanian historical technical season opening, this year was held again in the Sinkholes park, Pavalys. For the sixth year, the festival has brought together not only the lovers of antiquities from all over Lithuania, but also the historical vehicle fans from Latvia and Estonia. For two years, this antique technique lovers event takes place without the initiator and organizer Eugenijus Malinauskas, to whose memory, there were dedicated an exhibition
As every time, on the year crossing, we stop, look back, evaluate the walked way, enjoy achievements and plan future work. The year 2013 was special for Antique Vehicle Club “Klasika”. The season was started by an opening banquet, which was held in the club member Gediminas Aleksandravičius farmstead Kupiškis district. At the meeting, there were discussed the preparations for the antique technique 2013 season, welcomed new members of the club, announced the report of the club president, recalled establishment story of “Klasika”, watched documentary footage, shared the joys and downsides.
The antique vehicles event ‘We drive 2013’ has already become a tradition.
If you are interested in vehicles, or at least drive a car, be sure to visit Bauska and museums of antique vehicles in Bauska region. It was said by the members of antique vehicles club “Klasika” and their friends when they shared their travel experiences after visiting neighbouring Latvia.
It all started this summer when “Klasika” organised an exhibition of antique vehicles in Biržai. The club members got acquainted and became close friends with their neighbours of the other Memel (Nemunėlis River) side and were invited as the guests. Each year, the club’s season ends with eventful sightseeing tours, which gives meaning to the annual activities of the club. So this year, on 12 October, it was decided to visit friends in Latvia, to share experiences, broaden horizons and curiosity. As Riga Motormuseum is currently being reconstructed, it was decided to start a trip from the museum branch in Bauska.
For the eighth time the Latvian capital hosted the annual historic car exhibition “Riga Retro 2013”. This year it was sacred to the memory of Viktors Kulbergs (1948-2013) who was a long-lived director of Latvian Antique Automobile Club (AAK) and the founder of Riga Motormuseum. Every year this event changes: from preparation to demonstration of trucks, motorcycles and various antique technical in one year to only a car exhibition for the second year. This year, on August 17, the event that took place was not similar to those already held. Due solely to the fact that not everyone was able to register to the event, but only those invited by an authoritative organisers’ commission from Riga Motormuseum and Latvia Antique Automobile Club (AAK). Such a decision adopted by the organizers to show Riga townspeople and their guests the rarer and more diverse vehicles, and to prevent them from popular, in large series and still produced, everyday used car dominance.
During this year’s Biržai town Festival, a few dates were going around in the information space – 80 years of S. Darius and S. Girėnas flight across the Atlantic, 45 years of Biržai AirClub and 5 years of antique vehicles club “Klasika”. As said club director Egidijus Einoris, organized the first of the old automobiles “drive” on 16th of August 2008, now it was decided to commemorate the club’s five-year-old birthday.
To the festival on the 3rd of August, Saturday, there were invited antique technique lovers and holders from across Lithuania and in particular the significant number arrived of neighbours, “brothers” Latvians. Signing up at the gas station at the entrance to
The antique vehicles event ‘We drive 2013’ has already become a tradition. This year it was held in Pasvalys without the initiator and continuing organizer Eugenijus Malinauskas. He left us unexpectedly before the festival. Eugenijus was honoured giving the title of event on his behalf.
The festival of historical technical was started by a party of the participants, sponsors and guests of honour in Balsiai Mill on the 3 May. With all its beauty and charm, it shined in Sinkholes Park on Saturday, 4 May. Not only shined perfectly restored vintage cars, motorcycles, trucks, sheen, but also the joy of ancient vehicles enthusiasts and spectators’ eyes.
Nash Motors (1916 – 1954) was founded in 1916 by former General Motors president Charles W. Nash (1864-1948) who acquired the Thomas B. Jeffery Company. Jeffery’s best-known automobile was the Rambler whose mass production from a plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin began in 1902.
The first Nash car appeared in the autumn of 1917. The Nash Model 671 was the first vehicle produced to bear the name of the new company’s founder. Nash created a new lineup of cars for the 1918 model year. The new cars were aimed at the middle of the market, and consisted of the 681 (touring), 682, 683 (roadster), 684 (sedan), and 685 (coupe).
This year, on the 16th of March, in Kaunas, there was the conference of managers of Lithuanian historical auto-motor technical. The participants discussed the concerns of the fans of historical vehicles, planned 2013 events calendar, introduced the historical technical laws realization order and perspectives.
The meeting was launched by the “Retromobile” president R. Kardelis, introducing guests from Ukraine. Lvov retro car club “ZAZ-Kozak” representatives invited everyone to the historical vehicles festival “Leopolis Grand Prix” in Lvov, on June 20-23. It is an international event sacred to commemorate the GP series (F-1’s predecessor) race held in this Western Ukrainian city, 1931-1933.
Later, the antique vehicles enthusiast Eugenijus Malinauskas made a speech, inviting not only to participate in the traditional antique technical season opening in Pasvalys, but also urging all Lithuanian clubs of antique vehicles to contribute to the organization of the event.
The Erskine was an American automobile brand produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana, USA, from 1926 to 1930. The marque was named after Albert Russel Erskine (1871–1933), Studebaker’s president at the time. During his term as president, Erskine encouraged Studebaker engineers to develop advanced engines. As a result, the company achieved numerous racing wins and a bigger share of the upper-price market. This left Studebaker without an entry level automobile in the United States, and Erskine, who had always been fascinated by smaller European vehicles, saw market potential in a short-wheel-base compact car, especially if it could expand Studebaker’s presence in the European market.
The first Erskine (Erskine Six) was introduced to the world on October 7, 1926 at the Grand
Antique Vehicles Club “Klasika” continues to introduce its members’ cars. Since you have recently read an article about our club member in “Siaures Rytai”, we are expanding on newspaper’s idea and introducing you to Virginijus Kučinskas 1978 Cadillac Eldorado. According to Virginijus, El Dorado translated from Spanish means “golden”, “gold-plated”. This model, or more accurately vehicles with this name, started to be made in 1953 and continued until 2002. Of course as years passed, the form, mechanics, power, and modifications of Eldorado changed. This vehicle is the eight (1971-1978) generation of Eldorado. In total, there were eleven Eldorado generations.
Klementas Sakalauskas was awarded as an honorary citizen of Panevėžys district on 15 February, 2013. He is a well known collector, museum professional, public figure, member of Club “Klasika”.
The regalia of Panevežys district honorary citizen are traditionally served on the municipal Council meeting, which is held annually to honour Lithuania’s Independence. This year, the celebratory meeting of the Council and commemoration of February 16th was held in Piniavos school-kindergarten.
Panevežys district honorary citizen has been elected since 2004. The title is given a person to honour his outstanding service, the unique contribution to Panevezys district science, education, culture, sports, economics, social development, national defense and other areas, for promotion of Panevezys district in the country and worldwide.
Antique Vehicles Club “Klasika” launches the presentation of club member’s cars. We suggest to recall for seniors and to discover for the younger fans of our club Vaz 2103, the masterpiece of the Soviet automobile industry, produced in 1973. This car is a united Italian Fiat and the Volga car factory (Volzhskii Avtomobilnij Zavod) production, for the prototype of which served Fiat 124 model.
Vaz 2103 had been produced since 1972 to 1984 and during this period it was made 1,304,899 units totally. For a long time this model had been seen as the best, most convenient and most reliable Soviet car. Beyond the bounds of the Soviet Union, this car was known as the Lada 1500.