Category Archives: Library

  • -

Eugenijus… We Drive 2014 !

Category:Library,Articles

“Eugenijus… We drive!” a festival which has already become a tradition, otherwise popularly known as the Lithuanian historical technical season opening, this year was held again in the Sinkholes park, Pavalys. For the sixth year, the festival has brought together not only the lovers of antiquities from all over Lithuania, but also the historical vehicle fans from Latvia and Estonia. For two years, this antique technique lovers event takes place without the initiator and organizer Eugenijus Malinauskas, to whose memory, there were dedicated an exhibition

Read More


  • -

Classic Year of Club „Klasika“

Category:Events,Events 2013,Articles

As every time, on the year crossing, we stop, look back, evaluate the walked way, enjoy achievements and plan future work. The year 2013 was special for Antique Vehicle Club “Klasika”. The season was started by an opening banquet, which was held in the club member Gediminas Aleksandravičius farmstead Kupiškis district. At the meeting, there were discussed the preparations for the antique technique 2013 season, welcomed new members of the club, announced the report of the club president, recalled establishment story of “Klasika”, watched documentary footage, shared the joys and downsides.
The antique vehicles event ‘We drive 2013’ has already become a tradition.

Read More


  • -

Journey to Bauska

Category:Events,Events 2013,Articles

If you are interested in vehicles, or at least drive a car, be sure to visit Bauska and museums of antique vehicles in Bauska region. It was said by the members of antique vehicles club “Klasika” and their friends when they shared their travel experiences after visiting neighbouring Latvia.
It all started this summer when “Klasika” organised an exhibition of antique vehicles in Biržai. The club members got acquainted and became close friends with their neighbours of the other Memel (Nemunėlis River) side and were invited as the guests. Each year, the club’s season ends with eventful sightseeing tours, which gives meaning to the annual activities of the club. So this year, on 12 October, it was decided to visit friends in Latvia, to share experiences, broaden horizons and curiosity. As Riga Motormuseum is currently being reconstructed, it was decided to start a trip from the museum branch in Bauska.

Read More


  • -

Riga Retro 2013

Category:Events,Events 2013,Articles

For the eighth time the Latvian capital hosted the annual historic car exhibition “Riga Retro 2013”. This year it was sacred to the memory of Viktors Kulbergs (1948-2013) who was a long-lived director of Latvian Antique Automobile Club (AAK) and the founder of Riga Motormuseum. Every year this event changes: from preparation to demonstration of trucks, motorcycles and various antique technical in one year to only a car exhibition for the second year. This year, on August 17, the event that took place was not similar to those already held. Due solely to the fact that not everyone was able to register to the event, but only those invited by an authoritative organisers’ commission from Riga Motormuseum and Latvia Antique Automobile Club (AAK). Such a decision adopted by the organizers to show Riga townspeople and their guests the rarer and more diverse vehicles, and to prevent them from popular, in large series and still produced, everyday used car dominance.

Read More

  • -

Five years old “Klasika” – a short, but serious time!

Category:Press about us
The article by Antanas Seibutis printed in the newspaper, “Draugas” 06/08/2013

During this year’s Biržai town Festival, a few dates were going around in the information space – 80 years of S. Darius and S. Girėnas flight across the Atlantic, 45 years of Biržai AirClub and 5 years of antique vehicles club „Klasika“. As said club director Egidijus Einoris, organized the first of the old automobiles „drive“ on 16th of August 2008, now it was decided to commemorate the club’s five-year-old birthday.
To the festival on the 3rd of August, Saturday, there were invited antique technique lovers and holders from across Lithuania and in particular the significant number arrived of neighbours, “brothers” Latvians. Signing up at the gas station at the entrance to

Read More

  • -

Eugenijus… We Drive 2013!

Category:Events,Events 2013,Articles

The antique vehicles event ‘We drive 2013’ has already become a tradition. This year it was held in Pasvalys without the initiator and continuing organizer Eugenijus  Malinauskas. He left us unexpectedly before the festival. Eugenijus was honoured giving the title of event on his behalf.
The festival of historical technical was started by a party of the participants, sponsors and guests of honour in Balsiai Mill on the 3 May. With all its beauty and charm, it shined in Sinkholes Park on Saturday, 4 May. Not only shined perfectly restored vintage cars, motorcycles, trucks, sheen, but also the joy of ancient vehicles enthusiasts and spectators’ eyes.

Read More


  • -

Cars of the Club: 1931 Nash 6-60

Category:Garage,Articles

Nash Motors (1916 – 1954) was founded in 1916 by former General Motors president Charles W. Nash (1864-1948) who acquired the Thomas B. Jeffery Company. Jeffery’s best-known automobile was the Rambler whose mass production from a plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin began in 1902.

The first Nash car appeared in the autumn of 1917. The Nash Model 671 was the first vehicle produced to bear the name of the new company’s founder. Nash created a new lineup of cars for the 1918 model year. The new cars were aimed at the middle of the market, and consisted of the 681 (touring), 682, 683 (roadster), 684 (sedan), and 685 (coupe).

Read More


  • -

The meeting of representatives of Lithuanian antique vehicle clubs

Category:Events,Events 2013,Articles

This year, on the 16th of March, in Kaunas, there was the conference of managers of Lithuanian historical auto-motor technical. The participants discussed the concerns of the fans of historical vehicles, planned 2013 events calendar, introduced the historical technical laws realization order and perspectives.
The meeting was launched by the “Retromobile” president R. Kardelis, introducing guests from Ukraine. Lvov retro car club „ZAZ-Kozak” representatives invited everyone to the historical vehicles festival “Leopolis Grand Prix” in Lvov, on June 20-23. It is an international event sacred to commemorate the GP series (F-1’s predecessor) race held in this Western Ukrainian city, 1931-1933.
Later, the antique vehicles enthusiast Eugenijus Malinauskas made a speech, inviting not only to participate in the traditional antique technical season opening in Pasvalys, but also urging all Lithuanian clubs of antique vehicles to contribute to the organization of the event.

Read More


  • 2

Cars of the Club: 1927 Erskine Model 50 Touring

Category:Garage,Library,Articles

The Erskine was an American automobile brand produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana, USA, from 1926 to 1930. The marque was named after Albert Russel Erskine (1871–1933), Studebaker’s president at the time. During his term as president, Erskine encouraged Studebaker engineers to develop advanced engines. As a result, the company achieved numerous racing wins and a bigger share of the upper-price market. This left Studebaker without an entry level automobile in the United States, and Erskine, who had always been fascinated by smaller European vehicles, saw market potential in a short-wheel-base compact car, especially if it could expand Studebaker’s presence in the European market.

The first Erskine (Erskine Six) was introduced to the world on October 7, 1926 at the Grand

Read More

  • -

Cars of the Club: 1978 Cadillac Eldorado

Category:Garage,Articles

Antique Vehicles Club “Klasika” continues to introduce its members’ cars. Since you have recently read an article about our club member in “Siaures Rytai”, we are expanding on newspaper’s idea and introducing you to Virginijus Kučinskas 1978 Cadillac Eldorado. According to Virginijus, El Dorado translated from Spanish means “golden”, “gold-plated”. This model, or more accurately vehicles with this name, started to be made in 1953 and continued until 2002. Of course as years passed, the form, mechanics, power, and modifications of Eldorado changed. This vehicle is the eight (1971-1978) generation of Eldorado. In total, there were eleven Eldorado generations.

Read More